Project Planner/Technical Writer
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Project Planner/Technical Writer for an opportunity in Greenville, SC
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Plans sequence of fabrication, assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations relating to specific portion of the product for guidance of production workers. Plans detail operations from blueprints, engineering orders, change notices, and other engineering releases. Determines the need for tooling and makes recommendations for the design and planning of required tools. Prepares shop work orders for materials and product processing and coordinates with schedulers to ensure that items are being processed according to specifications and time requirements. Maintains progress reports, schedules, and other related records.
Converts/uses contractual documents, engineering drawings, technical manuals, Time compliance Technical Order, or other technical data to provide direction in work documents to accomplish aircraft production/maintenance/modification. Uses standardized processes to resolve errors with engineering and other technical data. Conducts concurrent review boards with Production, Quality, and Engineering to ensure work documents are technically accurate and clearly written for technician/mechanic execution. Conducts hangar floor checks for work document improvement opportunities. Initiates/ processes Planning Change Requests. Provides direction to liaison planners for incorporation of work document updates. Coordinates across functional organizations to clear document rejects. Participates in Integrated Product Team meetings to provide status of work packages
Qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years aircraft maintenance and/or modification technical writing experience
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering documents and drawings
- Experience writing technical instructions for paint/coating
- Ability to plan sequence of work
- Proficient using MS Word and Excel
- 4-years Systems Applications and Products (SAP) experience
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Bill Of Materials (MBOM) structure
- Experience using military technical manuals
- F-16( fighter experience preferred) writing experience preferred
- Champion of Culture of Accountability
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.