Pay: $20-$22 P/H DOE
The machinists are responsible for safely setting up and operating 5 axis CNC machines to produce the highest quality parts and meet the customer expectations, in the most efficient manner.
- Operate 3 to 5 axis CNC machine tools to accurately machine parts per work instructions and per manufacturing plan.
- Verify conformance for in process and final product to inspection, dimensional and visual, by using various measuring tools/equipment such as micrometers, indicators, calipers, profilometer, Contracer and CMM.
- Use proper material handling techniques to ensure quality of product and condition of equipment.
- Maintain specifications by taking measurements, detecting malfunctions, replacing worn tools, adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Follow work instructions, setup sheets and other production related information.
- Properly document measurements and visual observations by completing production and quality logs.
- Use tool setter and tool dresser to set tooling geometry. Generate maintenance work orders for repair of CNC machines and equipment.
- Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of the Quality Management System and properly apply
- Quality Procedures and Operating Procedures as appropriate.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Minimum of High school diploma or GED.
- 1 year or more machining experience.
- Must have machine control experience.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be quality and safety minded.
- Must have basic understanding of computers.
- Must have strong shop math skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- 3 to 5 axis CNC machining.
- Certificate from Technical School or Trade School.
- Knowledge of GD&T.
- Knowledge of 5S and Lean manufacturing.
- Experience machining Si, glass or other brittle material.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and; talk or hear.
The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee regularly is required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the environment is moderate.