Lead Heavy Duty Diesel Technician
Pay: $23-$27 P/H DOE
Seeking Experienced Heavy-Duty Diesel Lead Technician for maintaining our large fleet of tractors and trailers. Pay is based on experience level and applicants ideally should have their own tools. We are hiring full time, 3rd shift at our Fort Wayne facility
• Provide hands on and support to junior technicians with diesel electronic and mechanical issues.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve diesel electronic and mechanical issues remotely.
• Research end-user issues.
• Guide, with confidence and composure, through corrective measures.
• Track and route support requests via computerized ticketing system; thoroughly document resolutions.
• Stay current with product upgrades, system information, and business updates.
• Must have a deep understanding of electronic vehicle systems and how they relate to one another.
• Must be able to utilize and interpret various sources of vehicle documentation in order to predict the impact to a vehicle for a given vehicle failure point.
• Must be able to use diagnostic tools to analyze vehicle parameters and faults.
• Must be comfortable with computers, wiring and have a general understanding of troubleshooting
• Must have a thorough understanding and use of at least one of the OEM engine diagnostic applications such as Insite, ServiceMaxx, or DDDL.
• Must have experience with additional diagnostic software application such as Service Ranger, Allison DOC, Bendix ACOM, or Wabco Toolbox.
• Must have a broad knowledge of other non-engine vehicle components, such as transmissions, brakes and aftertreatment controllers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Diesel Technician with a major focus on diagnosing and repairing heavy duty class 7/8 trucks in one or more of the following environments. Leadership skills and ability to lead and work independently.
• Fleet Service
• Independent Repair
• L2 ASE or strong Electronics skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Determination to deliver superior customer service.
• Ability to plan and organize day/week around multiple productive activities.
• Basic proficiency with MS Office and Internet applications.
• Basic understanding of Windows operating system and software installation.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Must be able to pass drug screen
Must have valid DL
HS or GED Equivalanet