Diesel Mechanic Tractor / Trailer
Pay: $20-$25 P/H DOE
The Mechanic maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience: 2 or more year’s related experience.
Education: A high school diploma or GED required.
Certifications/ Valid CDL & PA State Inspection License, a plus.
Competencies: Ability to understand and follow verbal and written directions; strong interpersonal skills; Ability to work independently and as a part of team. Knowledge of tools, equipment, methods and practices of engine repair,
mechanic and electrical systems and maintenance; Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner; basic computer skills (Microsoft office, TMT)
Responsibility: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Demands: Essential functions of this position are carried out in a variety of positions including standing (particularly for sustained periods of time) and sitting. The employee is required to walk, climb stairs, crouch, stoop, kneel, or bend. Additionally, while performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, use hands repetitively for motion tasks, reach, grip, grasp and twist. Position may require functioning in narrow aisles or passageways. Heavy work; exerting up to 60 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Specific vision abilities required by this job include operating tools, performs mechanical or skilled trade tasks. The position is subject to environmental conditions; protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes. The position is subject to noise; vibration of body or extremities and hazards such as moving vehicles. Additionally, the position is subject to atmospheric conditions; one or more of the following conditions that may affect the respiratory system of the skin: fumes, odors, dust or poor ventilation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.