Machine Operator 1
We are looking for skilled Machine Operators to join our team in Carol Stream, IL. We are a leader within the Paper Converting industry and are extremely busy. This will be a 2nd shift role and work from 12PM to 8:30PM, Monday through Friday with the opportunity for OT. Pay is between $16 and $18 p/hour depending on experience. See below for additional detail.
- Experience/Background operating and setting up paper slitting/rewinding machines
- Using master rolls of paper, the operator sets up the machine to run production orders as required and stacks finish product on pallets for shipping.
- Reviews the production schedule and notifies the forklift driver which raw material is needed.
- Loads the master roll on the unwind stand and thread the paper through the shafts
- Sets up the chuck width to match the product being made
- Installs knives and sets up to match the widths being cut
- Adjusts the machine control lengths, cuts, spacing and speed
- Puts cores in hopper to match finished roll lengths being cut
- Produce test rolls and recheck widths
- Always Follows all safety procedures
- When production is done, places rolls on outfeed table
- Secures product with tape and or plastic wrap
- Properly count product made per order
- Troubleshoot machine problems to determine actual faults.
- Ensure timely preparation and availability of all production materials to avoid shortage during production.
- Report production activities and progress to supervisor(s) regularly
- Cross Train on all Jennerjahn slitter/re-winders
- The operator’s task may also include selecting specific raw materials for production and ensuring a good combination of these materials so that they complement each other.