Clamp Truck Operator
We are looking for skilled Clamp Truck Operators to join our team in Carol Stream, IL. We are a leader within the Paper Converting industry and are extremely busy. This will be a 3rd shift role and work from 8PM to 4:30AM, Monday through Friday with the opportunity for OT. Pay is $16 p/hour depending on experience with an additional shift differental on top. See below for additional detail.
Scope of Job: The Forklift Operator’s main job function is to operate an electric, diesel, propane or gasoline engine powered forklift truck to transport materials on shop floor in accordance with work order tickets or verbal instruction from, Supervisors and or management, and to load and unload trucks with materials or product. The Forklift Operator provides support to the supply chain and production lines through collecting, loading, shipping and receiving warehouse products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Receives instructions/schedules from Shipping Admin, Supervisor and or other Management.
• Assists production lines with infeed and outfeed of materials and finish goods.
• Unload and load trucks in shipping and receiving as required, securing all loads with strapping as applicable.
• Stages material for shipments.
• Picks up loads on pallets, using care to position loads on forks to insure safe transportation.
• Positions loads on floor in accordance with staging areas.
• Performs daily inspections on forklift in use to determine the need for repairs that may include checking horn, lights, safety belt, fuel, oil, lubricants, cooling system, and motor tune-up.
• Reports truck malfunctions to maintenance and/or supervisor.
• Complies with safety regulations governing operation of the equipment. Conducts operations and model behavior that promotes a safe environment. This includes looking in the direction of travel, wearing required PPE, wearing a seat belt, driving at appropriate speeds, and appropriate use of horns.
• Equipment: Forklift, Electric Jack, Strapping tools, hammers, pry bars, misc. hand tools.
• Ensures that all company safety procedures are followed to include OSHA compliance guidelines.
• Keep updated records of inventory and activity logs.
• Performs cycle counts as required.
• Identifies safety hazards in the workplace.
• Receives and interprets picking tickets and product orders to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
• Moves materials and items from receiving and storage areas to other designated areas.
• Maintains and rotates inventory of stock products
• Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves.
• Ensures customers receive products in accordance with order, packing and delivery requirements.
• Maintains efficient and effective production standards.
• Ensures all products meet quality control standards.
• Maintains a clean, orderly and safe work environment.
• Performs all other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position