Number needed (1)
Shift: 1st M-F 8-5pm
Estimator – Pay rate flexible. They stated that they more interested in finding the right fit.
About the Company
Client is a vertically integrated manufacturer of precision components, composite structures and assemblies for the aerospace and defense markets. With industry-leading closed-die forging, composite fabrication, 3-, 4- and 5-axis CNC machining, assembly and NADCAP heat treat / NDT capabilities, WHI serves a global customer base. A 70+ year old company with over 250,000 sq. ft. of manufacturing footprint that includes four ITAR registered facilities carrying AS9100 Rev. D and ISO 9001 certifications.
About the Position
We are looking for an Estimator for its’ Fairfield, NJ machining facility. This 56,000 square foot facility has over 50 CNC mills and turning centers. Key capabilities in addition to CNC milling and turning include waterjet cutting, wire EDM, gun drilling and ID/OD grinding.
Key responsibilities for the Estimator will include:
- Assist with the preparation of Quotes to customers
- Review of contracts, PO’s, and blueprints to ensure correct entry into the ERP system as well as delivery to the shop floor
- Review of solicitations, blueprints to prepare quotes to customers and to assess capability to manufacture parts
- Ability to interact with vendors and customers
- Evaluate and calculate the optimum manufacturing process and materials for all cost estimates produced.
- Investigate, evaluate, and apply new technologies to the developed estimates to endure the best solution is met in line with the bid strategy.
- Ensure all duties meet all required deadlines meet customer requirements (both internal and external).
- Working knowledge of AS9100
Preferred candidates for the Estimator position will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in high-precision machining manufacturing environments including prior experience as an Estimator of a comparable facility.
- Training in vocational schools and/or a college degree.
- Experience with lean manufacturing.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and ability to work with Microsoft Word / Excel / PowerPoint.
- US citizenship / work authorization is required.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all job seekers according to all applicable equal opportunity and affirmative action laws and regulations. We maintains a drug-free workplace and requires pre-employment drug testing.