Industrial Electrical Technician
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Industrial Electrical Technician for an opportunity in Phoenix, AZ
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support all lean manufacturing and total productive maintenance (TPM) initiatives.
- Diagnose and repair electrical systems on/in facility, building utilities and production equipment with voltages ranging from 5 VDC to 600 VAC.
- Diagnose and repair furnace control systems including SCR’s, temperature control devices, thermal couples, heating elements and electric actuated control valves.
- Diagnose and repair all CNC controlled equipment to include drives, inverters, P/C modules, motors, encoders and communication devices.
- Diagnose and repair all HMI, PC and PLC controlled equipment including I/O modules, sensors, touch screen panels, interlock circuits and machine safety devices.
- Perform tests using a variety of equipment (oscilloscope, frequency generator, frequency counter, vacuum Helium leak detector, and multi-meters, etc).
- Install electrical conduit and wiring.
- Establish and follow Preventive Maintenance (PM) schedules and procedures for equipment.
- Use and read blue prints, schematics, flow diagrams and one line drawings to diagnose and repair production equipment.
- Use mathematical formulas to solve for Area, Volume, Amperes, Ohms, Watts and other common maintenance related problems.
- Provide training to maintenance technicians as required.
- General department housekeeping and support of 5-S+1 program.
- Regular attendance and punctuality.
- Adhere to and promote Corporate Code of Ethical Standards
- Ensures compliance with Company IPM/QPM and ISO-9000 quality requirements
Qualifications and requirements:
- Performing other tasks in the facility, as needed.
- Travel, as required, for training
- Knowledge of industrial electrical systems (480/277 vac, 3 phase)
- Ability to read, interpret blueprints and equipment manuals
- Understanding of preventative maintenance systems
- Ability to read, interpret and understand work in-process documents
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated with a high level of ownership and accountability
- Lean skills continually drives process improvements
- Team building skills
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ten (10) years experience in medium or heavy industrial manufacturing environment with electronic control devices, especially CNC machines, laser cutting equipment or industrial furnaces.
- Completion of electronics trade school or AA degree in electronics or related field may substitute for some of the required experience
- Forklift certification
- Certify color vision per electrical specifications.
- Must be able to pass job related tests.
- Must have own hand tools
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.