Facility Maintenance Worker
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Facility Maintenance Worker for an opportunity in Newman, GA
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performing repair or general Maintenance work of facilities, buildings, grounds, and equipment at various sites including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, glazier, and painting tasks.
- Repairing and treating structures such as showers, floors, sinks, walls, carpets and roofs.
- Performing minor repairs, troubleshooting, and adjustment of locks on cabinets, locks, closets, desks.
- Repairing door hinges, cleaning plugged key slots, changing filters on ventilating, heating, and air conditioning units.
- HVAC and electrical troubleshooting.
- Servicing kitchen, appliances, and emergency equipment, reporting mechanical malfunctions to party for action. – Moving and assisting in transportation of furniture and equipment.
- Setting up and breaking down cubicle partitions, exercising discretion to identify projects that need higher skilled crafts individual-s services.
- Activating and deactivating building alarms and responding to alarm calls after and during regular work hours.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance (PM) on plant and equipment per company standard.
- Perform Breakdown repairs on mechanical and electrical plant per work order procedure
- Work with production operators to help devise and implement Operator Maintenance checks.
- Competently work on vacuum systems such as pumps and Vestals.
- Conducts tests to locate mechanical/electrical system malfunction.
- Installs electrical components in accordance with electrical codes.
- Competently use test equipment such as volt/ohmmeters and oscilloscopes for fault finding and corrective actions.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Observes mechanical devices in operation in order to determine the causes of potential failure.
- Inspects mechanical and electrical equipment safely, using all company standards such as LOTO, confined space working, Burn Permits while using the correct PPE.
- Competently use Hand Tools
- Competently use Machine Tools in installation, maintenance or repair.
- Starts and stops equipment to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates the lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Competently Utilizes braze-welding equipment as needed.
- Maintains PM and repair records.
- Maintains a clean and orderly maintenance shop.
- Adhere to safety procedures
Qualifications and requirements:
- Ability to use efficiently various power and hand tools.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Should follow oral or written instructions.
- Communicate efficiently and fluently in both written and oral form.
- Excellent safety record, follows safety policies and procedures, lock out/ tag out, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to speak and listen effectively to follow instructions in English.
- Ability to write and speak complete sentences and understand verbal and written instructions in English
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Trade School or technical college education preferred
- 3-5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have an understanding of PLC controls
- Must have an understanding of oven controls
- Must be able to use machine and hand tools
- Must be able to read and understands blueprints and technical drawings including ladder logic and electrical /Mechanical schematics
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.