Shift: 2nd Shift 1:00pm to 8:00pm
Pay: $22 – $26 per hour, depending on experience
Seeking a full-time Diesel Mechanic for our Omaha, NE location. The open position is on 2nd Shift. Shift Hours: 12 pm- 8 pm
As a mechanic you will perform maintenance (scheduled and unscheduled) on company owned tractors and trailers,and other equipment as needed / necessary.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AREAS:
- Tractor repairs
- Trailer repairs
- Support equipment repairs
- Inspections (scheduled / unscheduled / DOT)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform inspections on company owned equipment
- Sign off on DOT inspections
- Perform DOT brake inspections and repairs (air brakes)
- Repair air conditioning systems as needed
- Charge parts out into the company’s computer system
- Read, troubleshoot, and repair electronic diesel engines
- Read and understand equipment electrical circuits and diagrams
- Troubleshoot and repair air brake systems
- Be familiar with DOT out-of-service criteria
- Know how to operate a torque wrench
- Safely operate shop supplied heavy duty tools
- Safely drive company owned equipment
- At least one year ofexperience in the operation and repair of tractor (class 8), and trailers (air brakes) inspection / repairs within a fleet, state, or federal (including Armed Forces) shop environment. Two year degree with a leading technical college in the repair of diesel engines is preferred.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to all full time employees including paid vacation and holidays, Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, 401k with employer match, and life insurance among other benefits.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.