Diesel Technician B-Level
1st shift Sunday thru Thursday 6 am – 2:30 pm
Positions open: (3)
Pay: $24 – $28 per hour, depending on experience
LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a A-Level Diesel Mechanic to perform preventative maintenance tasks (brakes, tires, oil changes, etc.) on trucks and trailers in Minooka, IL.
Job Duties and Requirements:
- Follows workplace and vehicle safety procedures consistently.
- Able to perform proper Preventive Maintenance such as lube, filters, inspection, including truck appearance, interior and exterior, cab related safety and security.
- Perform basic electrical repair and replace starters, alternators and batteries.
- Perform tires tread, inflation, rotation, wear, reconditioning of wheels.
- Inspect & replace basic engine components, transmission and clutch (R&R) and drive line components.
- Remove and replace steering & chassis components.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Equivalent of high school diploma or GED and 3+ years of mechanic experience.
- Must be eligible and able to obtain CDL withing 6 months of being hired.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have own steel toe boots.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
LAUNCH TransTechs is the leading provider of Diesel Technicians across the nation. We work with top clients managing large fleets in a variety of industries – from waste management and city fleets to school buses, transportation and logistics companies and even airlines (think about all those vehicles on the tarmac besides the airplanes).
LAUNCH offers you access to a wide range of mechanic jobs. Based on your skills and experience, you can find jobs at LAUNCH for Diesel Technicians, Truck Technicians, Trailer or Tractor Technicians, School Bus Mechanics, Ground Service Equipment (GSE) Mechanics, MHE Technicians and Service Techs.
With jobs open in over 400 sites across the country, we learn your preferences for job type, skill level and location and find the perfect match for you. You can grow your experience and advance your skills along the way. Ready to take the next step? Apply today!