Diesel Mechanic – Pleasant Prairie WI
Rate of Pay:Starts -$27 P/H – Based on Exp.
Full Time 2nd shift M-F 3:00PM – 11:30PM
- We have Monday thru Friday and Tuesday thru Saturday schedule
- Must be willing to work some OT
• High school diploma or GED
• Three to Five years’ experience and/or training in the automotive/diesel field
- You will maintain proficiency in the diagnosis and repair of all assigned trailer equipment.
- Determine trailer condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests
- Perform system repairs to include engines, transmission, air and hydraulic systems, tires, drive-train, steering and suspension, electrical.
- Perform all preventive maintenance inspections, state and federal mandated safety inspections and complete repairs in accordance with DOT requirements.
- Perform routine maintenance on refrigeration Carrier trailers, refrigeration systems
- Certification from a diesel mechanic trade school or a minimum of 3 years of related experience as a diesel mechanic
- Experience with Thermo King/Carrier trailer and APU experience Preferred
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Basic math skills
- Strong diagnostic skills
- The ability to frequently lift and/or move items weighing up to 75 pounds
- A clean PSP/MVR
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficiency with MS Office and TMT
- Able to pass pre-employment drug screen
Responsibilities include the following:
• Diagnosing and repairing of defects on demand.
• Performing routine maintenance on vehicles.
• Performing state inspections.
• Communicating with and utilizing customer maintenance-reporting systems.
• Maintaining the cleanliness of the shop and parts room on customer’s site.
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Retirement plan
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision insurance
Specific benefit details will be discussed during interview phase with Hiring Manager.
• ASE program bonus: up to $13,500 – No ASE required to be hired. Company will pay for each ASE cert the Tech already has as well as for each ASE cert a tech acquires after hire.
• ASE certification sponsorships- Company will Pay for the test as well as pay for the employee to take the test.
• Up to $10,000 in tuition reimbursement – Typically from Schools such as UTI, Lincoln Tech and or Jr. Colleges. Courses must be relative to the job you are performing and will be paid after minimal grade of B confirmed.
• Ask about our tool allowance- Must have own basic set of tools. Tool allowance will supplement your existing tools and is given annually
• Supportive, open-door management style. Ideas are welcome
• Boot & uniform allowance – Company will provide uniforms. Boot allowance provided annually.
• Factory training – Training on new engines and equipment provided as needed
• Mechanic recognition awards – Mechanic of the year awarded based on individual contribution and performance. Annual Company Trip awarded recipients
• Real advancement potential – TCompany is committed to promoting from within.
Submit to ttresumesubmittals