LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Engine Mechanic for an opportunity in San Diego, CA
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review technical documents and disassembly, repair and assemble gas turbine engines which may include re-reengining for reassembly.
- Maintain accurate documentation on travelers and record, uses gauges and tools to determine specified tolerances are maintained and observe all Quality Assurance Policies and Procedures.
- Repair and fabrication of gas turbine engine parts and tools by sanding, grit blasting, deburring ends of sheared or sawed stock, blending, and routing welds, removing honeycombs, brazing, and cleaning parts.
- Ability and willingness to increase and expand skill set within the facility, multi-skill and move to other areas of operation to support business goals and objectives Understand and adhere to all Quality Assurance policies and procedures and EHS requirements
- To coordinate a team to achieve and maintain manufacturing goals by planning, organizing, and executing work practices to ensure the area meets business objectives daily.
Qualifications and requirements:
An individual must possess the following requirements to perform the essential job functions.
- High School Degree (minimum) with the ability to read and interpret work instructions Required minimum 1 year experience gas turbine engines and product knowledge.
- One-year manufacturing experience, preferably aerospace.
- Must have worked in a job/area using hand tools and where eye/hand coordination and fine manipulation was required to successfully complete work.
- Reading comprehension – ability to read and interpret instructions to be 100% compliance with work instructions, directives and Quality & EHS policies Ability to speak and listen effectively to follow instructions in English.
- Ability to write and speak complete sentences and understand verbal and written instructions in English
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.