Aircraft Engine Mechanic
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Aircraft Inspector for an opportunity in Kingsville, TX
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
As the Aircraft Engine Mechanic, you will service and repair aircraft engines as well as repairs aircraft engine structures, such as modules and components including rigging, surface controls, plumbing and hydraulic units utilizing hand tools, power tools, machines and equipment. You will also utilize rotor balance machines, drills, dial indicators, calipers, depth micrometers, blast cabinets and other equipment applicable to engine disassembly, cleaning, inspection, repair and assembly.
- Services, repairs and inspects installed aircraft engines
- Completes disassembly, inspection and assembly of engines at the modular level
- Inspects engines and components, sub-components, modules and all fuel, oil, air related systems in accordance with applicable maintenance manuals
- Performs modular level disassembly, inspection and assembly of turbines, compressors, gearboxes and associated engine components; completes required component testing, balancing and other serviceability checks as required
- Reads and interprets technical publications, maintenance manuals, service bulletins and other specifications to determine method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components
- Tests engine operation, using applicable manuals and test equipment, to determine serviceability and or fault-isolate source of malfunction as necessary
- Adjusts, repairs or replaces electrical wiring system and engine accessories
- Performs miscellaneous duties to service Ground Support Equipment for preventative maintenance applicable to the support of maintaining and servicing engines and associated components
- Ability to lift, hold and carry up to 50 pounds unaided
Qualifications and requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED with 4 or more years of Jet Engine repair/overhaul experience
- In order to be considered for this opportunity, you must be eligible to obtain and maintain security clearance, which requires USA Citizenship
- An A&P License or FAA Powerplant certification is preferred
- Prior military engine overhaul experience is preferred
- Experience utilizing the government system NALCOMIS is preferred
- Experience with the USN Aeronautical Log Book
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you are ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.