A- Level Fleet Technician – Lebanon, IL
Contract to Direct 180
Shift: 1st shift. 4-10’s 7am till 5:30pm Wednesday thru Saturday.
Pay: $30-$35 P/H DOE
Total # Needed = 1
Interview Process: In person
Here is what we are looking for in an “A” fleet technician.
Hydraulic Mechanical – (must have)
Some level of diagnostic and computer skills (must have)
Diagnostic tool: Jaypro.
If they have other diagnostics exp, They will train on Jaypro.
If they have Reefer exp. (a plus)
Fleet: Volvo, Freightliner and Peterbilt.
Hours of operation: 24hrs.
We are Driven by Excellence, Dedicated to People in everything we do…no matter the job. A unique and fulfilling work experience comes with every position within the business core – where there’s always an opportunity to grow and develop in a family-owned environment grounded in values and ethics.
A Fleet Technician A is responsible for the repair, maintenance and overhaul of fleet diesel equipment within the Company components of various truck and trailer equipment at the direction of Lead Technician or Supervisor. Expectations include the ability to diagnose and repair the following with little or no supervision: Clutches, Electric Systems, Hydraulic/ Air Brake Systems, Heating/ Air Conditioning Systems, Instruments and Gauges, and Preventive Maintenance Service. Through their knowledge of the distribution industry, Our Fleet Management team works with the companies to reduce costs, ensure compliance standards and assist locations with value added solutions to provide well maintained equipment for employees’ use.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
• Diagnose, rebuild and repair fleet diesel equipment (tractors, trailers, refrigeration units, and related parts)
• Performs daily inspections and repairs on entire fleet
• Complete preventative maintenance and standard vehicle maintenance of fleet diesel equipment
• Complete thorough documentation for work orders of repairs and preventative maintenance through the online Enterprise Asset Management system
• Diagnoses complex mechanical and electric problems utilizing diagnostic technology/software when applicable
• Completes complex and detailed mechanical inspections and repairs with minimal supervision
• Replaces defective components as instructed
• Identifies root cause of failures/conditions and perform repairs as required
• May be required to operate a company vehicle to diagnose and repair equipment as part of a road-side service call
• May participate in regular meetings with customer
• Ensure equipment has required licensing and registration prior to being deemed as “roadworthy”
• Maintain a clean and organized work area
• Install, replace, and repair onboard computers (XRS or XataNet) and/or cameras (Drive Cam)
• Work in a safe manner, per company, local, state and federal policies and regulations
• Train other employees, act as a mentor
• Other projects or duties as assigned
Position Requirements: Required Skills and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED
• Post- Secondary Vocational Education strongly preferred
• Minimum of 1 year or recent experience working with diagnostic computer
• Minimum of 4 years related experience with mechanical repairs and diagnostics on heavy duty and medium duty equipment and demonstrates proficiency in the repair and diagnosis of – with some assistance: Engines (gas and diesel), Power train to include differentials, transmissions, clutches, drive shafts, PTO’s and wheel ends, Electrical systems including starters and alternators, Steering systems, Electronics to include ECM’s, ECU’s, sensors etc., Engine bolt on items such as turbos, fan clutches, injectors, cooling system etc., Brake systems including ABS, Suspension systems (spring and air)
• Must possess own tools (have minimum tool requirement)
• Valid Driver’s License to operate applicable company vehicles
• Valid CDL (License A) is highly desired; mandatory in some locations
• Acceptable motor vehicle record in compliance with Department of Transportation regulations
• Ability to work any schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays
• Ability to utilize an on board computer and desktop computer. (PC, Windows, Microsoft Programs, etc)
• Ability to read and speak English sufficiently to be able to converse with the public, understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official questions, and be able to make legible entries on reports and records
• Ability to frequently lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 50 pounds, occasionally lift, push and/or pull weights in excess of 50 pounds
• Some travel may be required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test
Preferred Skills and Experience:
• ASE Certifications (Including Master Medium- Heavy Truck Technician) (Willingness to acquire)
• Trade school diploma or certification
• Commercial Driver’s License
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.