We are a multi industry parts manufacturer in Addison, IL. We make various fasteners, springs, screws, hinges and valves on site. Our facility is a 100,000 square foot, temp controlled enviornment. We are currently hiring for a 1st Shift Quality Inspector and pay starts at $16-$18p/hour depending on experience. 3+ years of experience preferred. Below are a few key things related to the role.
- 6AM to 2:30PM, Monday through Friday.
- Starting at $16 p/hour, but can be flexible for the right experience. Time and half for time worked over 40 hours.
- Utilizes micrometer, caliper, height gage, optical comparator, Hommel, surface tester, roundness tester, vision system & other metrology equipment as applicable.
- Interpret engineering drawings, including GD&T & perform inspections accordingly.
- Generates accurate first piece/last piece, in process/final inspections and ISIR layouts.
- Assists in root cause/corrective action activities.
- Participates in APQP activities as required.
- Performs dock audits, process audits and capability studies as required.
- Performs activities to support the quality system, quality policy, quality procedures, work procedures.
- Assist in calibration activities as requested including gage retrieval & data base entry.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and statistically inclined. Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written. Possess good teamwork skills to balance team & individual activities in a fast paced environment. Able to read blue prints including Geometric Tolerancing & Dimensioning & use metrology equipment accordingly. Possess basic computer skills & knowledge of Excel, Outlook & Word. Hommel &/or CMM programming a plus.