LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Avionics Technician for an opportunity in Norfolk, VA
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Client Defense Systems sector is looking for an Aircraft Wiring Technician to support the incorporation of the aircraft modifications into the E2 aircraft both for USN and FMS customers.
- This position will be located in Norfolk, Virginia with potential to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Performs all duties required to lay out, fabricate, and install electrical wiring or coaxial cable on aircraft. Checks, tests, and
- troubleshoots electrical systems for conformance to specifications and performs repair, removal, and reinstallation of wiring as necessary.
- Cuts wire to length, strips insulation from wire ends, and insulates connections with plastic sleeves.
- Attaches wire or complicated electrical systems to fixtures and accessories such as transformers, instrument panels, and switchboards with fasteners such as bolts, screws, or solder.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- Able to understand and interpret wiring schematics and routing paths, disassemble required aircraft parts for accessibility, record and report existing wiring discrepancies uncovered during modification, install component connectors and/or electrical contacts IAW the approved Installation Data Package (IDP). Should have strong computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to develop supporting documents and policies in support of ISO 9000-2001.
Qualifications and requirements:
- HS Diploma or GED and 4 or more years of experience
- Must have active Secret Clearance
- Must be able to work Monday through Satruday, 1st or 2nd shift
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you are ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.