Entry Level CNC Apprentice
We are currently hiring for a Entry Level CNC Operator to join our team in Elk Grove Village, IL. Our company is an industry leader in manufacturing and developing steel engraved products. Hours for this role will be from 2pm to 10pm, Monday through Friday and start off paying $20 p/hour depending on experience. Please see below for additional detail.
The position requires mechanical aptitude, good attendance, and a strong work ethic, with the ability to change priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will operate CNC-controlled machine shop equipment, predominately milling brass and high-performance plastic. The position also will use a hot press, drills, and sanding equipment to finish components for our customer base.
- Perform complete set-ups including loading and setting all tooling, loading programs, running parts complete with high tolerances, inspecting parts as running to ensure all dimensions are within tolerances.
- Complete fast, efficient, and effective set-ups for orders and quickly change to the next project in the discussed schedule
- Review films, drawings, specifications, or sample parts to determine dimensions and tolerances of part/product, sequence of operations, and/or set up requirements.
- Select, align, and secure the holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect any malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjust the machine controls as necessary.
- Adhere to company and departmental policies, procedures, and standards.
- Perform other duties within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- High School graduate or GED and or skilled trades schooling background
- Must be able to speak and understand English
- Ability to hold close tolerances and conduct component inspections.
- Ability to work in fast pace environment.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated and maintain attention to detail.