LAUNCH is seeking Composite Lay-up Technicians for an opportunity in Orange City, Iowa.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Lay-up Technician assembles airplane components by laying composites and materials such as pre-impregnated fiberglass cloth onto molds by performing the following duties.
- Responsible for the hand layup of advanced composite materials on designated tooling per specific work instructions and customer specifications.
- Performs advance composite operations to include molding, trimming, vacuum-bagging, basic repair, material preparation, weighing, molding, finishing, and secondary machine operations.
- Inspection of in-process and finished product using hand measurement tools and other tests procedures may be required.
- Record keeping of inspection results where required.
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of how work orders and lay-up charts ensure the quality of the product while providing suggestions for improvement
- Must be able to work with shop tools and equipment used in composite layup as well as demonstrate the ability to perform in a team environment and exhibit a willingness to “do what it takes” to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
Qualifications and requirements:
- One year directly related to the duties and responsibilities in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- High attention to detail: Multiple pieces make up the layup of parts. Each must be placed accurately and oriented correctly. Must be able to quickly spot and address flaws in raw material.
- Hand dexterity/coordination: Job requires a lot of specific finger movements and hand layup techniques.
- Physical demands include lifting and moving material weighing 10-40lbs.
- Organization: Must be able to keep track of various parts and job orders and manage time spent on different tasks.
- Cleanliness: Parts can be sensitive to foreign materials, must be able to keep a clean workspace.
- Safety-Minded: Team needs people who are putting safety first, and realize how important it is to take care around certain machinery/equipment.
- Writing Comprehension: Important to be able to read and comprehend the work instructions and job orders that will be handled.
- Computer Literacy: Team member will have to use several computer interfaces to record and manage production as they layup production parts.
- Self-motivated, quick learner.
- Fine hand motor skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Requires the ability to follow demonstrated steps.
- Understands simple instructions, short correspondence.
- Basic understanding of process specifications.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Capable of operating forklift, dolly, and pallet jack
- Must have the minimum tools as required.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.