Aircraft Structures Mechanic 3
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Aircraft Structures Mechanic 3 for an opportunity in Lake Charles, LA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs, and repairs both internal and external aircraft structures and surfaces for aircraft modification in accordance with technical manuals, engineering drawings, and FAA regulations.
- Able to perform close tolerance drilling, reaming, removal, and installation to critical support structures and fracture critical areas.
- Ability and understanding of locating blind holes necessary for installation of new structural items to existing structure.
- Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure in accordance with standard repair processes.
- Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
- Experienced in the use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
- Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
- A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
- Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must have High School Diploma or GED and 5 or more years experience
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
FEDERAL VACCINE MANDATE
The health and safety of everyone at Northrop Grumman is a top priority. With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. As a federal contractor, and consistent with Executive Order 14042, we will require all contingent workers in the United States to be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021 or by their start date if it is after December 8th. Federal guidance allows for disability/medical and religious accommodations with respect to the vaccine requirement. Any requested accommodations must be reviewed and approved (if applicable) by the Supplier as the worker’s employer, in advance of your worker’s start date, and subject to Northrop Grumman’s review and approval of safety protocols.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.