Software Engineer – Sensor Fusion – State Estimation
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a hands-on entrepreneurial candidate to conduct cutting-edge work in sensor fusion, state estimation, localization, and target tracking. You’ll get to work with a world-class engineering team in autonomous transportation and aerospace. Responsibilities and compensation will be commensurate with experience for an opportunity in San Francisco, California.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop algorithms for state estimation, sensor fusion, target tracking
- Prototype and test algorithms in simulation
- Write flight test cards, participate in flight test briefs
- Participate in the flight test from either the ground control room or onboard the aircraft
- Work with software engineers to develop and maintain simulation environment for autonomous aircraft
- Run large scale simulations, analyze simulation results, and generate high-quality reports
- Follow and support flight test activity
- Conduct engineering trade studies, document decision process and implementation
- Derive subsystem requirements and specifications, including sensors, and compute platforms
- Work on hardware selection for sensor and other subsystems
- Support subsystem testing and verification in simulation and in the field
Qualifications and requirements:
- 2-10 years of professional experience in sensor fusion for state estimation, localization, target tracking, or attitude determination
- Strong background in probabilistic estimation theory and implementation
- Experience with real-time operations and real-world data
- Proficient in C / C++
- Effective at working in a multidisciplinary team and communicating across stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of DO-178 software process highly desired
- Experience selecting and testing sensors and/or other hardware highly desired
- Experience with autonomous systems highly desired
- MS/PhD in a related field (CS / ME / AE / EE) highly desired
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.