Software Engineer – Autoflight Systems – Junior
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a System Software Engineer to develop safety-critical embedded software for the Autoflight System (AFS). You will be joining a world-class engineering team in autonomous transportation and aerospace for an opportunity in San Francisco, California.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the AFS systems engineering team and the software technical lead to decompose system-level requirements into high and low level software requirements that are compliant with DO-178
- Participate in the software architecture and design process
- Develop embedded flight code and integrate the software onto the system hardware
- Create verification test cases and procedures, while maintaining independence
- Work as part of the team to achieve software data approval under DO-178
Qualifications and requirements:
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related degree, with 2+ years of direct experience
- Experience developing DO-178 (DAL C or higher) software in support of civil certification (14 CFR Part 23, 25, 27, 29, 33).
- Working knowledge of one or more embedded software languages, including C, C++, Ada, Assembly, etc.
- Effective at working in a multidisciplinary team and communicating across stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Detail-oriented and methodical while building software.
- Experience working with an Agile tool set and lifecycle preferred.
- Experience developing code for industry-standard I/O including AFDX, Ethernet, SPI, CAN, ARINC-429, ARINC-629, MIL-STD-1553, discrete data, etc. preferred.
- Experience integrating model-based autogenerated code preferred.
- Experience developing software for real-time control systems preferred.
- Experience working directly with the FAA and/or DER preferred.
- Experience with certification audits (Stage of Involvement) preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.