LAUNCH is seeking CNC Machinists for an opportunity in Dillon, South Carolina.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The CNC Machinist will operate 2-5 axis CNC/Automated machine cells as well as standalone machines, which requires basic machine setup including preparing and setting up fixtures and cutting tools, as well as loading and adjusting CNC programs and offsets. Level two machinist competencies include the ability to use more advanced quality inspection tools and techniques such as height and air gauges and bench inspection. The level two machinist will have basic competencies in print reading and common CNC G and M codes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain job assignments from supervisor or manager.
- Work safely in accordance to plant safety guidelines including cardinal rules of safety.
- Adheres to quality processes including in-process inspections to ensure compliance with quality specifications.
- Must meet all Level I Machinist requirements.
- Perform machining operations for 4 to 6 different parts.
- Must be able to work in a high-performance team setting to achieve common goals.
- Responsible for his / her part quality and utilizes standard and customer measuring equipment to perform dimensional checks.
- Must be capable of using more advanced quality measuring tools.
- With minimal supervision can rework / repair out of tolerance specifications.
- Maintains machines in operational condition by performing daily preventive maintenance checks of oil levels and coolant concentration, reporting any machine abnormalities to the shift team leader or supervisor.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area to 6S standards.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts through verbal or documented communication for required actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Communicates with manufacturing on first piece acceptance and stopping processes due to failing parts.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required; CNC operator / machinist diploma or certification preferred. Machine Tool Technology degree a definite plus.
- 4 to 6 years of manufacturing experience operating CNC mills or lathes; prior military experience; or technical certification / degree
- Basic English language skills and the ability to read, follow, and interpret planning and work order instructions
- Basic PC skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Ability to professionally communicate and work cooperatively with others
- As required, must be able to pass any Customer required testing/machining specifications pertaining to their parts and standards.
- Skill in following directions both verbal and written and in transferring instructions into action.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on a deadline.
- Attention to detail
- Intermediate math skills to include adding, subtracting, multiplication, division, and fractions for the purpose of print reading and tolerance determination.
- Willingness to learn
- US Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required due to government military contracts.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.