LAUNCH is seeking Composite Lay-up Technicians for an opportunity in Rock Hill, SC.
The Composite Technician will be working for an innovative, rapidly growing manufacturer of composite components and tooling. Projects include producing components for clients in the aerospace and defense industries. Seeking candidates who embrace a culture defined by teamwork, ownership, and accountability. A competitive benefits package includes PTO, paid holidays, and 401K.
- Hand lay-up of composite materials (Wet & Prepreg)
- Vacuum bagging process and procedures
- Application and understanding of resin systems (Epoxy, Polyester, Vinyl ester, Silicones, etc.)
- Performing hand-finishing operations on patterns and molds
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools in cutting, grinding, fitting and assembling
- Adhesive bonding applications
- Assembly of structures including setup, bonding and fastener applications
- Attention to detail and accuracy while working with tight tolerances
- Performing self-quality checks
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 – 3 years , minimum, experience with composite materials (i.e. Carbon Fiber, Kevlar & Fiberglass).
- 3-5 years of experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to read, interpret, and suggest improvements from work instructions (SOPs).
- Mathematical knowledge of decimals and fractions.
- Measurement competencies – Calipers, Micrometers, Tape measure, Indicators, etc.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.