Truck Diesel Mechanic – Direct Hire
Rate of Pay: $ $23- $27 P/H – Based on Exp.
Full Time: 1st Shift: 7:30am to 5:00pm – Sun -Thu. Must be Flexible
• High school diploma or GED
• Three to Five years’ experience and/or training in the automotive/diesel field
• Class B CDL *- Can be obtained after hire.
• Must have a Heavy and Light State inspector license.
Full Job Description:
* On-site client location
* No outdoor work, no travel required
What is being worked on?
The mechanic will work on utility vans, box trucks, bucket trucks, Gas & Diesel
Repair and maintain gasoline and diesel engines for a variety of vehicles and equipment based at our client’s on-site location including, but not limited to mostly Ford, Chevy with some International and Freightliner.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Diagnosing and repairing of defects on demand.
• Performing routine maintenance on vehicles.
• Performing state inspections.
• Communicating with and utilizing customer maintenance-reporting systems.
• Maintaining the cleanliness of the shop and parts room on customer’s site.
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Health insurance
• Paid time off
• Retirement plan
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision insurance
• ASE program bonus: up to $13,500 – No ASE required to be hired. Company will pay for each ASE cert the Tech already has as well as for each ASE cert a tech acquires after hire.
• ASE certification sponsorships- Company will Pay for the test as well as pay for the employee to take the test.
• Up to $10,000 in tuition reimbursement – Typically from Schools such as UTI, Lincoln Tech and or Jr. Colleges. Courses must be relative to the job you are performing and will be paid after minimal grade of B confirmed.
• Ask about our tool allowance- Must have own basic set of tools. Tool allowance will supplement your existing tools and is given annually
• Supportive, open-door management style. Ideas are welcome
• Boot & uniform allowance – Company will provide uniforms. Boot allowance provided annually.
• Factory training – Training on new engines and equipment provided as needed
• Mechanic recognition awards – Mechanic of the year awarded based on individual contribution and performance. Annual Company Trip awarded recipients
• Real advancement potential – Company is committed to promoting from within.