LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanics and Airframe Assembly Technicians for an opportunity in Albany, Georgia.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Will be assembling small General Aviation aircraft.
- These are agricultural aircraft (crop duster, fertilizer/pesticide dropper) and firefighting aircraft.
- Assemblers will go to Wings, Fuselage, Sub-Assembly, or Control Surface
- We are looking for a competent aircraft sheet metal mechanic to assemble complex sheet metal components for our aircraft, including control surfaces, wings, various structural assemblies, and sub-assemblies.
- Must be responsible and comply with all safety guidelines.
- A keen eye for detail and great mechanical aptitude are also essential.
- Must be proficient with the use of various sheet metal tools to layout rivet patterns, trim, drill, contour, rivet, and install aircraft parts and assemblies to blueprint and specification.
- Thorough understanding of drill sizes, selection, correct rivet selection, and proper rivet installation techniques per the engineering requirements, engineering specifications, and/or the FAA specification.
- The goal is to install parts and sub-assemblies onto aircraft while maintaining the highest level of quality.
- Assemble complex sheet metal components, control surfaces, wings, various structural assemblies, and sub-assemblies
- Analyze and understand aircraft blueprints, specifications, and maintenance manuals to assemble aircraft and make repairs
- Ensure all assemblies and installations are up to FAA and Thrush design specifications
- Safely operate various tools used for sheet metal applications (rivet guns, drills, die grinders, snips, shears, English wheel, and etc.)
- Keeps work area neat, clean, and organized
Qualifications and requirements:
- Willing to train. Open to people with good attitudes who want to work permanently in Albany, GA
- High school diploma or equivalent
- FAA Airframe License a plus but not required
- Knowledge of the FAA AC43.13 1B Chapter 4, Section 4
- Analytical, problem-solving, and critical-thinking skills
- Teamwork and interpersonal communication skills
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to understand engineering documents and schematics
- Knowledge of metal, alloys, aircraft adhesives, and sealants
- Strong hand-eye coordination and proficiency in using tools
- Sufficient physical strength and dexterity to climb on aircraft and manipulate replacement parts
- Prior experience with sheet metal work in the aviation industry
- Understand basic math
- Ability to work alone without much oversight
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you are ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.