Entry Level Grinding Operator
Seeking Entry Level Operators for an opportunity in Arlington Heights on 2nd shift.
This job is in a metal/steel fabrication shop that specializes in grinding and honing of parts. Looking for someone with a manufacturing background in CNC ID/OD high tolerance machining. This is a entry level role, but someone comfortable with working in a fast paced manufacturing environment please apply!
Shift: 3:30 PM to 12 AM. OT is a must, working close to 50 hours per week or more.
Pay: $17 per hour. Candidates with previous grinding experience will be offered a higher pay rate depending on experience.
- Grind external or internal cylindrical tapered surfaces.
- Remove metal by the application of abrasives which are bonded to form a rotating wheel.
- Rough and finish flat, cylindrical, and conical surfaces.
- Read and interpret charts, drawings, and blueprints.
- Determine product specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts to be ground.
- Collect and assemble required products.
- Determine grinding speeds, feed rates, holding fixtures, and grinding wheels to be used.
- Mount grinding wheel.
- Dress wheel according to specifications.
- Use dressing devices.
- Position work rest to specified height.
- Lift or hoist workpieces.
- Confirm ground workpiece has the correct specifications.
- Change worn grinding wheels.
- Check grinding wheels for cracks.
- Utilize micrometers, calipers, and preset gauges.
- Set up automatic work-feeding device.
- Use proper wheel guards on all grinding machines
- Grind nonmetallic materials.
- Observe machine during operation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.