Motorized GSE Mechanic
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Semi Skilled Mechanic for an opportunity at Boston Logan International Airport.
The Ground Maintenance Mechanic works as a semi-skilled mechanic in maintenance of Ground Support Equipment (GSE). Summary of responsibilities (not comprehensive of all tasks):
- Utilizes appropriate tooling, equipment and material to accomplish minor maintenance functions including but not limited to the following: inspections, minor troubleshooting, repairing, removing and replacing components on cars, trucks, tugs and select Ground Support equipment.
- Assists a Ground Maintenance Technician Lead or a Ground Maintenance Technician on equipment when needed.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High School diploma, GED or High School Equivalency
- Must have a minimum of 6 months experience and/or training in automotive, diesel, or industrial powered mechanical environment and have a basic understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic and pneumatic disciplines as they apply to industrial powered systems.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including fixed or rotating shifts, both indoors and outdoors, include traveling, overtime, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to pass an extensive criminal background check (all information provided will be verified). Any discrepancy will result in immediate disqualification; must also successfully pass a drug and hearing test (audiogram) in addition to successfully passing a background check.
- Must achieve a satisfactory score on entry tests structured to determine ability to perform required tasks.
- Must be able to read, comprehend, and apply information found in technical documents and manuals.
- Embraces diverse people, thinking and styles
- Consistently makes safety and security, of self and others, the priority.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen, audiogram and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.
LAUNCH is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, health status, marital and family status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law
If you are a person with disability needing assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
GSE – Ground Support