APG/Intern Mechanic – LAUNCH Career Advancement Program
Ready to breakthrough into the world of Aviation? APG’s through our LAUNCH Career Advancement Program is a breakthrough position in our industry in which you will be cross trained to work the different machines in our machine shop.
What does it mean to be an LCAP employee?
- The LCAP program is a paid contract-to-hire position for one 6-month period.
- This program is a comprehensive development program, which leverages key components for development – classroom-based training, on-the-job training, mentorship, and outlined progression.
- The LCAP Program will allow our client the opportunity to observe your performance qualifications and work habits before offering you a permanent position.
- It also offers you the opportunity, as an LCAP employee, to develop & refine your skills, particularly working on aircraft parts, and determine if our client is a good long-term employment fit for YOU!
- Not only will you be fully trained, but you will be evaluated throughout assignment for pay raises at 45-days, 90-days, and 135-days before you are converted as a full-time employee.
- Through our partnership, we offer you the chance to work with the best in the Aviation industry as an LCAP team member. You’ll work side by side seasoned employees, while advancing your skills, growing professionally, and gaining valuable experience.
Maintain, inspect, repair, modify, overhaul and troubleshoot commercial aircraft in compliance with policies, manuels, procedures and requirements.
- Must pass pre-employment drug and background check.
- Effectively speak, read, and write in the English language.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must have a positive attitude, be self-directed, goal oriented and career minded.
- Aviation knowledge is a preferred but not required.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work with arms raised above head and perform repetitive tasks and motions.
- Ability to precisely manipulate hand tools in a variety of situations.
- Ability to stand, twist, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and climb and sustain those positions for an extended period.
- Good near sight/far sight acuity, hand/eye coordination, hearing, depth perception, field of vision.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program.
Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.