Component Technician – Wheel Shop Technician
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Component Technician with wheel and brake repair experience on aircraft for an opportunity in Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs repair/overhaul work for the component wheel/brake shop.
- Repairs and overhauls components and accessories are carried out in accordance with FAA and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) repair procedures and policies and ensures conformance to prescribed standards and tolerances.
- Carries out diagnostic, repair and overhaul tasks along with technicians and specialists, observing approved and prescribed procedures.
- Personally, carries out or assists specialists in carrying out technically complex repairs.
- Follows appropriate manual references and utilizes proper tools in performing their repair duties, mainly focused on wheel, landing gear and brake repairs.
- Follows production schedule; works with the shop Lead and Production Maintenance Supervisor to implement ways to remedy behind schedule conditions.
- Follows work orders and repair orders to see that all documentation has been completed; assists in the maintenance records and technical data required by the FAA.
- Monitors and tracks parts shortages, supports the ordering of materials to alleviate shortage conditions.
- Briefing Lead or Production Maintenance Supervisor concerning repairs for quotations.
- Creates purchase requisitions for parts and tooling required.
- Communicates any tooling requirements that may be needed to Lead or Production Maintenance Supervisor.
- Communications via e-mail, telephone, and in person may be required.
- Works with Lead to schedule any third-party vendor tasks or services.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High School/ GED
- A & P license preferred, relevant experience or repairman certificate may substitute for A & P license.
- IT Tools: e.g.: MS Office, Internet, Component Control, Lotus Notes
- 2-4 years of experience with wheel / brake / landing gear repair or overhaul
- FAA repair station experience or component shop experience
- Mechanical aptitude and abilities
- Shop equipment, hand tools (pneumatic & manual)
- Component Maintenance Manual, blueprint reading
- Forklift, pallet jack
- Hydraulic & mechanical systems
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.