Maintenance Mechanic II
Seeking a highly skilled Maintenance Mechanic II for an opportunity in Arlington Heights on 1st shift. This job is in a metal/steel fabrication shop that specializes in grinding and honing of parts. Looking for someone with a manufacturing background in CNC ID/OD high tolerance machines.
Shift: 6:00 AM to 2:30 PM. OT is a must, working close to 50 hours or more. Flexible on start and end times by an hour.
Pay: $25 to $35 p/hour depending on experience. Electrical experience would be a big plus not not required.
- Performs preventive maintenance inspections and service on machines.
- Thoroughly cleans machines and machine parts, removing parts and reinstalling as necessary.
- Oils and lubricates moving parts on machines to ensure effective performance.
- Records and reports damaged, worn or broken parts.
- Installs replacement parts for machines.
- Identifies the causes of unexpected breakdowns of machines.
- Repairs broken machines quickly and efficiently.
- Prepares reports documenting work performed.
- Cleans, organizes, inventories, stocks, and otherwise maintains shop areas, parts, tools, and supplies.
- Coordinates with managers to schedule regular maintenance on machines.
- Collaborates with Production Manager or Plant Engineer regarding new products being added and modifications that will be required.
- Makes necessary modifications and implements tests runs; confers with Production Manager regarding test results and makes additional alterations to machinery as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of mechanical maintenance experience within a manufacturing facility on machines.
- PLC and electrical knowledge along with working with various voltages from 220 – 480
- Mechanically inclined with great problem-solving skills.
- Works well independently and with others.
- Good communication skills.
- Organized with attention to detail.