Senior Avionics Engineer
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Sr Avionics Engineer for a Direct Hire opportunity in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The Sr. Avionics Engineer is responsible for establishing technical programs and managing all day-to-day technical issues for the aircraft in the areas of avionics and associated electrical systems. This position has primary job responsibility for the technical aspects of Maintenance Engineering activity based upon Safety, FAA Regulations, Reliability, and cost of ownership issues.
- Identify and assign all Engineering Task Cards/Authorizations to address avionics and related system repairs and alterations.
- Provide technical assistance related to aircraft fleet upgrades/modifications.
- Review and disposition avionics and aircraft electrical system Airworthiness Directives, Service Bulletins, Service Letters, coordinate new technology programs, etc.
- Serve as the point of contact for vendors on technical issues relating to these avionics and aircraft electrical systems, and the establishment of procedures for coordinating and resolving technical issues with vendors.
- Coordinate with various departments to resolve and prevent aircraft electrical system deficiencies
- Review and improve maintenance manuals, illustrated parts catalogs, task cards, and service bulletins in relation to all avionics
- Any other duties assigned by management
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience plus ten years of related experience
- At least 5 years of previous airline experience
- Proven engineering, computer, and technical knowledge experience
- Excellent at articulating complex information to various audiences
- Exceptional mathematical skills
- Ability to apply principles of logic and scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Previous Avionics Engineering experience with 737 aircraft
- Two or more years’ experience in a 121 or 135 airline engineering environment
This job primarily operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets. On occasion, this position will be required to operate on an aircraft including in the flight deck as well as in the Maintenance Hangar.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.