CNC Machine Operator
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a CNC Machine Operator for an opportunity in Waco, Texas
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic will perform a wide variety of mechanical/structural removal, installation, repair and modification to aircraft per engineering drawings, Technical Order specs, blueprints or supervisor instruction.
Major functions: Job Description:
- Work with heavy sheet metal performing different structural task such as pick-up holes and rework such as removing, replacing or realigning ribs, longerons, bulkheads, stringers, fittings in completed skinned assembles, and rack modifications.
- Identify aircraft locations by station, buttline and waterline as shown or engineering documentation and technical orders.
- Perform final assembly operations as pick-up hole and rework on structures and installation, installing shortages and bringing up all items to latest engineering changes.
- Use advanced hand tools to include, but not limited to drills, angle motors, shear, break, drill press and pneumatic riveter.
- Perform trimming, reforming, and altering parts and structures as required.
- Fabricate detailed parts such as shims, splices, gussets, angles brackets, doublers, stiffeners and patches as well as using shop aids to facilitate assembly and installation as required.
- Use rivet guns, install Hi-Loks, ream holes, and form parts from flat stock.
- Recognize different types of corrosion and how to remove the corrosion.
- Use aircraft hardware and materials.
- Checks work correctness and conformance to specifications.
- Sets highest ethical standards for self and others.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Min 5+ years of prior Sheetmetal experience required
- Must provide own tools
- Role requires candidates pass an Audiogram/Flightline Physical
- Must be able to pass physical
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.