Paint Manufacturing Engineer
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Paint Manufacturing Engineer for an opportunity in Melbourne, Florida
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Paint Manufacturing Engineer IV provides expert judgment to perform complex functions in the design, fabrication, modification and/or evaluation of manufacturing operations. Prepares complicated plans, conducts support studies, and provides analysis or tests in the development of manufacturing paint operations. Responsibilities are diverse in scope where analysis of situations or data requires technical judgment. Constantly seeks for excellence related to safety and quality aspects and utilizes lean manufacturing to reduce cycle time and cost.
- Constantly evaluates all phases of the paint process (washing, sanding, coats application, detailing, etc) seeking for excellence in safety, quality, cycle and cost aspects
- Promotes the technical integration between all operations and engineering departments aiming processes improvements implementation, new materials testing and approval, and dissemination of technical knowledge
- Resolves complex paint process problems by collecting and analyzing information; researching, analyzing, adapting, and modifying engineering techniques; recommending solutions; reviewing drawings; evaluating processes, components, and materials; resolving design integration issues; developing specifications and safety standards
- Constantly researches new materials, new equipment, new technologies, new methods aiming for the paint process excellence.
- Establishes labor standards, line balancing, and factory layouts to improve process, material flow and labor efficiencies to meet Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost targets
- Assures compliance with all applicable specs and regulations
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Team worker
- Proactive and flexible (scope and time)
- Organized, detail and results oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Cope with deadlines and pressured situations
- Willing to learn and to work together with people with different cultures and backgrounds
- Software: MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Lean manufacturing concepts and tools
- First Article Inspection – FAI concept and methodology
- Software: Catia, MES, SAP
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 15+ years aircraft paint process experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Material Engineering
- Advanced Engineering degree, Six Sigma certification
- Ability to work in a safe professional manner adhering to all regulatory requirements including, OSHA, EPA, State and Federal regulations.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.