LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Lab Technician for an opportunity in Everett, WA.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create monthly lab orders for physical testing Scribe / create metal specimens for testing
- Track both physical and analytical tests to ensure they are performed within the required period.
- Perform both analytical and physical tests to include but not limited to, corrosion testing, paint adhesion, powder test, plating adhesion, abrasion resistance, coating weight tests, cleaner weight loss, intragranular attack & end-grain pitting, metal removal tests, hydrogen embrittlement tensile tests, impact tests, hydrogen pick-up, Atomic Absorption elemental analysis, potentiometric titrations, acid-base titrations, gravimetric analysis, UV-Vis Spectrophotometer operation and testing, pH analysis, conductivity, and resistivity testing.
- Create test reports to outline the testing procedures and results of internally performed tests.
- Perform clerical duties to file lab orders, test certs, chemical certificates of analysis, metal specimen certificate of analysis, purchase orders, etc.
- Review testing records / logs for accuracy of results and to ensure results are within shop control and specification limits. Review and monitor tank temperature recording program to ensure solution temperatures of process tanks stay within customer required ranges. Tag out process tanks when needed due to out of range concentrations, temperatures, etc.
- Communicate with shop personnel to inform shop employees of issues with tanks, test specimens, and/or operation of baths. Handle glassware used for analytical testing, know how to use precision measuring glassware for analytical testing, and perform proper cleaning procedures to prevent cross contamination issues between testing mediums. Operate corrosion resistance / salt spray chamber and perform any required minor maintenance on chamber (e.g., change filters, unclog exhaust / drain lines, etc.) Adhere to all safety procedures and know how to use all personal protective equipment, first aid kits, eye wash stations, and other safety devices.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- 2 plus years of experience in Chemical Processing Laboratories.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.