Machinist – LAUNCH Career Advancement Program
Ready to breakthrough into the world of Aviation? Machinists through our LAUNCH Career Advancement Program is a breakthrough position in our industry in which you will be cross trained to work the different machines in our machine shop.
What does it mean to be an LCAP employee?
- The LCAP program is a paid contract-to-hire position for one 6-month period.
- This program is a comprehensive development program, which leverages key components for development – classroom-based training, on-the-job training, mentorship, and outlined progression.
- The LCAP Program will allow our client the opportunity to observe your performance qualifications and work habits before offering you a permanent position.
- It also offers you the opportunity, as an LCAP employee, to develop & refine your skills, particularly working on aircraft parts, and determine if our client is a good long-term employment fit for YOU
- Through our partnership, we offer you the chance to work with the best in the Aviation industry as an LCAP team member. You’ll work side by side seasoned employees, while advancing your skills, growing professionally, and gaining valuable experience.
Manufacture and repair aircraft parts using CNC and conventional milling machines, lathes and other standard machine shop equipment from drawings. Draw and program parts using CAD/CAM software.
Shift: 1st Shift
Hours: 6:00AM to 2:30PM
Schedule: Monday through Friday
Overtime: Yes (before/after shift and on weekends)
- Hwacheon M3-5AX 5-Axis Machine
- Hwacheon Hirex-4000 Vertical Machine
- Hwacheon Vesta 2000 Vertical Machine
- Tongtai VMS-1500A Vertical Machine
- Komo VMC-30 Vertical Machine
- Johnford SV-40 Vertical Machine
- Johnford SL-500 Slant Bed Lathe
- Omax 80X WaterJet
- Accurshear 625012 Sheet Metal Shear
- Niagra Press Brake
- Trumpf Press Brake
- Delta H Heat Treating and Aging Oven
- Hexagon CMM Inspection ARM with Laser
- Microsoft Office suite including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Graduate of a certified machine trades program or equivalent experience.
- Experience setting up and operating CNC and manual mills and lathes, preferably with Fanuc controls.
- Ability to program CNC mills and edit CNC CAD/CAM programs
- Must have good communications skills and be able to work with coworkers and supervisor
Preferred Job Skills:
- Mastercam CAD/CAM software
- CNC Fanuc control software including use of G-Code
- Must pass pre-employment drug and background check.
- Effectively speak, read, and write in the English language.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must have a positive attitude, be self-directed, goal oriented and career minded.
- Aviation knowledge is a preferred but not required.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work with arms raised above head and perform repetitive tasks and motions.
- Ability to precisely manipulate hand tools in a variety of situations.
- Ability to stand, twist, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, and climb and sustain those positions for an extended period.
- Ability to move up materials to 75 lbs. with assistance.
- Good near sight/far sight acuity, hand/eye coordination, hearing, depth perception, field of vision.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.