Aircraft Maintenance Engine Mechanic
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Engine Mechanic with C-130 experience for an opportunity in Waco, TX.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will possess at least 4 years of experience (or equivalent, see qualifications) with C-130 (T56/AE 2100D3) Engine Mechanic experience. The Engine Mechanic will Services and repair aircraft engines as well as repairs aircraft engine structures, such as modules and components including rigging, surface controls and plumbing utilizing hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment.
You will also utilize rotor balance machines, drills, dial indicators, calipers, depth micrometers and other equipment, cleaning, inspection and repair.
Reads and interprets technical publications, maintenance manuals, service bulletins and other specifications to determine method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
Inspects engines and components, sub-components, modules and all fuel, oil, air related systems in accordance with applicable maintenance manuals.
- Must have experience with flight control removal and reinstallation such as flaps, ailerons, elevators, rudder, vertical, and horizontal stabilizer.
- Must be able to enter confined spaces such as center wing auxiliary tanks, dry bays, and horizontal access panel.
- Center Wing Removal and reinstallation experience preferred.
- Must have own hand tools
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in Aircraft Maintenance – required.
- Must pass Flightline physical & Audiogram
- Must be able to read and write the English Language
- Must be able to work overtime, any shift, and weekends as required.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background, drug, & medical screening; subject to FAA requirements and random substance abuse screening.
- Must have requisite basic tools prior to starting to work; tool list will be provided. Tools must be shadowed and engraved
Physical Requirements: Primarily manufacturing/assembly environment. Must be able to work in the following environmental conditions: noise, vibration, proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current. Must be able to bend and reach. Must have close visual acuity such as viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines, and/or assembly or fabrication parts at close distance to the eyes. Must be able to communicate effectively, Must be able to maneuver up to 50 lbs. Will be performing substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.