Aircraft Maintenance D
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Aircraft Maintenance Mechanic for an opportunity in Waco, TX.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will possess at least 4 years of experience (or equivalent, see qualifications) on aircraft flightline operations. Relevant experience includes removal, installation and troubleshooting aircraft systems such as flight controls, power plants, hydraulics, fuel systems, bleed air, etc, in accordance with tech manuals or other written instructions. Additionally, candidate will demonstrate a willingness to learn, ability to comply with written policies, procedures and other instructions.
Major functions: You will demonstrate success by:
- Knowledge of aircraft mechanical components with the ability to troubleshooting, adjust, repair and replace parts/components.
• Requires broad working knowledge of C- 130 aircraft systems to include hydraulics, structures, engines and electrical systems.
• Knowledge of electrical theory and knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, and dial indicators, micrometers and support equipment, powered and non-powered.
• Knowledge in the documentation of AFTO 781forms
• Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedule requirements
• Ability to troubleshoot malfunctions, adjust, repair, or replace electrical system wiring and aircraft accessories
• Perform preflight, thru-flight, and basic post-flight maintenance inspections, perform as Refuel/Defuel, Jack and Tow Team Supervisor.
• Perform aircraft servicing to include, but not limited to Lox, Hydraulic and Engine Oil, service aircraft tire and perform aircraft lubes.
• Mechanic must also be proficient at all tasks required to launch and recover C-130 aircraft.
• Minimum 4 years of experience on C-130 aircraft. C-130H or C-130J
• Engine Run Qualified is a plus.
- Must be able to be certified to operate self-propelled vehicles such as forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts and aircraft tow vehicles.
• Ability to obtain a secret security clearance, therefore all candidates must be a US Citizen.
• Must be able to read and write the English Language
• Must be able to work overtime, any shift, and weekends as required.Education/Experience/Licenses etc.:
- May substitute 2 years of experience with completion of Airframe and Power plant schooling or A&P certificate
- Must be able to be certified to operate self-propelled vehicles such as forklifts, scissor lifts, boom lifts and aircraft tow vehicles. Requires flight line physical.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to achieve and maintain security clearance
- Must be able to read and write the English Language
- Must be able to work overtime, any shift, and weekends as required.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background, drug, & medical screening; subject to FAA requirements and random substance abuse screening.
- Must have requisite basic tools prior to starting to work; tool list will be provided. Tools must be shadowed and engraved
- Requires-OSHA Physical
- Requires flight line physical.
Requires Background and Drug Screening
Must have requisite basic tools prior to starting to work; tool list will be provided. Tools must be shadowed and engraved.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.