Engineering Test Specialist – Lab Tech
We are looking for a 1st Shift, 7AM to 3:30pm, Engineering Test Specialist – Lab Technician to join our team in Wood Dale. Our company is a industry leading Ink Cartridge manufacturer and distributor for large orginaztions all over the world. This position can pay anywhere from $35 to $40 p/hour and can interview and start ASAP. Please see below for further details:
The Engineering Test Specialist is responsible for all aspects of product testing. Responsibilities include: Test plan and test method development, testing execution, evaluation of test results, product enhancement recommendations, fabrication, mechanical and electrical assembly, troubleshooting, and full functional testing including software.
In addition to extensive product testing, responsibilities include:
- Planning and organizing your work and potentially the work of others
- The development of test plans
- Defining and assembling the test setup, including all the equipment required
- Preparation and issuing of test reports in a clear and concise manner including
- Interpretation of results
- Basic data analysis
- Statistical evaluation
- Testing for regulatory compliance
- Troubleshoot and repair to component level within electronic and mechanical systems
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering, engineering technology, or science field preferred; OR
- An associate degree in a relevant technical field with 3 to 5 years of experience; OR
- 10 + years of hands-on technical experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform software functionality testing.
- Microsoft Office – High proficiency in Excel required.
- Mechanical assembly skills, must be able to assemble products and fixtures using common tools like drills, saws and small hand tools
- Ability to understand, use and connect a variety of modern test equipment such as DVM’s, DMM’s, digital and analog oscilloscopes, power meters, signal generators, frequency counters, power variacs, lab type power supplies, etc.
- Board level troubleshooting is a plus
- Must be comfortable performing tests in hot/cold environmental chamber conditions
- Must be a self-starter and able to take initiative
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Ability to develop fixtures, test rigs, conveyors, printing products.
- Product Design and Product improvement experience
- Familiarity with basic fluid systems utilizing pumps, valves, regulators, etc.
- Ability to understand simple and complex wiring diagrams, schematics and be able to work from engineering generated documentation
- Ability to use modern SMT soldering/desoldering equipment for installing and removing SMT components.
- Knowledge with software testing in an Agile process with daily reporting