Control Panel Wirer
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Production Wirer for a 1st shift opportunity in Franklin Park, Illinois.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the wiring of panel boards related to low and medium voltage switchgear for the manufacture of products to satisfy customer orders.
- Electrical controls panel and Buss wiring
- Follow wiring diagrams and schematics
- Install pre-wired panel into control box
- Terminate wiring based on schematics
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot
- Read, and understand blueprints, schematic drawings to determine wiring layout
- Inspect parts to find defects and ensure quality
- Ensure proper protective equipment is worn at all times and tools or other equipment is used based on the task
- Regular in-person attendance is an essential function of this job
Pay: $20/HR + pay boost to $21/HR after 90 days for solid performers. Plenty of OT opportunities.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must pass tape measure assessment.
- Must have knowledge of electrical symbols and schematics
- Must be able to understand blueprints & drawings
- Must be able to use shop equipment and hand tools
- Perform basic math functions including an understanding of fractions and decimals
- Perform basic computer skills
- Must be a team player and have good attendance
- Must take direction, follow instruction and work with others with a positive attitude
- Must be able to read, write and converse fluently in English with the level of competency that will permit the applicant to function in the position. Examples of job duties that require a high level of English fluency are: Facilitate department huddle; Collaborate with engineers and project managers; Assign duties to team members.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED), or previous experience in a manufacturing department
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.