LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Mechanical Assembler for a 1st shift opportunity in Franklin Park, Illinois.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the fabrication of low and medium voltage electrical switchgear cabinets for the manufacture of products to satisfy customer orders.
- Process various types of steel (Cold roll, Galvanized, Galvannel, Stainless, etc)
- Recognize copper and steel thickness and gauges
- Cut copper & sheet steel on a shear (48×96)
- Operate forming machinery bending copper and steel (Hydraulic Brake Press -Trumpf 50/50 and Trumpf B130)
- Operate shearing machinery including glastic and steel -(Hydraulic Shear – Cincinnati Shear)
- Punch holes in copper and steel (Trumpf 20/20/, Boschert CU-PROFI, Stripit 750)
- Wash, dry and prepare steel parts for paint
- Debur and grind steel parts with hand tools
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service
- Ensure proper protective equipment is worn at all times and tools or other equipment are properly used base on the task
- Follow control document procedures
- Regular in-person attendance is an essential function of this job
Pay: $20/HR + pay boost to $21/HR after 90 days for solid performers. Plenty of OT opportunities.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Must pass tape measure assessment (see submit/docs)
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED), or previous experience in a manufacturing department
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and drawings
- Must be able to use shop equipment and hand tools
- Proficient mechanical skills
- Convert fraction to decimal equivalents and decimal to fractions
- Turret Brake Press or Press Brake Experience
- Perform basic computer skills
- Must be a team player and have good attendance
- Must take direction, follow instruction and work with others with a positive attitude
- Must be able to read, write and converse fluently in English with the level of competency that will permit the applicant to function in the position.
- Examples of job duties that require a high level of English fluency are: Facilitate department huddle; Collaborate with engineers and project managers; Assign duties to team members.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.