LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an A&P Inspector for an opportunity in Elk Grove Village, IL.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Inspector will have the airworthiness authority for the release, as airworthy, of the units the repair station is rated to repair and maintain.
- Responsible for ensuring all articles delivered to and maintained by the repair station are properly recorded and staged from receipt to delivery in their airworthy/serviceable condition.
- Managing and delegating to the repair stations inspection staff ensuring the quality and production needs are maintained.
- Perform, and have oversight of inspection personnel/activity, including Preliminary, Hidden Damage, In-Progress and Final inspections/RTS of aircraft articles processed by the Repair Station and assuring proper recording of results.
- Ensure compliance with pertinent FAA regulations, manufacturer’s technical data/approved supplements, RSM/QCM and customer requirements.
- Report all quality related issues to the Head of QA as soon as the Facility Manager is advised and ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Confirm that all equipment being maintained by the repair station is on the Capabilities List, the proper data is available and in use, the staff is properly trained and all records of work/release are complete/accurate.
- Perform duties delegated by Head of QA.
- Directly responsible for the compliance with the FAA Approved training program manual; including indoctrination, initial, recurrent, ongoing, semiannual, and specialized training.
- Ensure any applicable Airworthiness Directive are posted and are being used and verify compliance with all other supplements, approvals, requirements.
Qualifications and requirements:
- 24+ months practical experience in aviation maintenance comparable to our operations (or certificated under Part 65 as an A&P)
- Must have valid/active A&P license.
- Ability to work in a high activity/fast paced environment while managing associated stress.
- Possesses excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Organize responsibilities of the inspection staff and delegate duties to properly qualified inspection personnel.
- Effectively execute training in accordance with the Approved Training Program and internal requirements.
- Ability to make quality decisions and effectively solve problems.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to facilitate meetings and effectively lead groups.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to lift, pull, and push in excess of 65 lbs.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.