LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Assembly Technicians with experience performing work on aircraft for an opportunity in Kinston, NC.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Company will provide appropriate assistance in job training to enable employees to perform all necessary job functions including the following:
1. Work with blueprints, changes, specifications, work orders, etc. to assemble and install to quality requirements parts and assemblies.
2. Complete required data gathering transactions to facilitate assembly progression.
3. Setup and perform all manual and automated assembly operations, and portable machine functions required to accomplish assignments.
4. Perform any and all required pickup, rework, fabrication, change incorporation, functional testing or check during or after final assembly and/or assembly progression.
5. Move and/or obtain correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, etc.
6. Use precision measuring instruments required to accomplish work assignments.
7. Report and/or investigate job handicaps such as: errors in parts, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc.
8. Perform routine minor machine maintenance as part of their daily work duties (e.g., where applicable, replacing machine filters, changing standard light bulbs on machines and equipment, maintaining lubrication/coolant levels, etc. as related to basic Total Preventative Maintenance duties).
9. Routinely move product within the immediate manufacturing work area, including across isle, using shop assigned equipment as required, and complete transactions necessary to move product to the next operation. On an exception basis, move product to the next operation within a building.
10. Support the continuous flow of product within the manufacturing process by training, coaching and assisting employees of all classification levels.
11. Document any discrepancies according to specification, process, and procedure.
12. Cross trains in inspection and becomes SIA qualified.
In addition, each employee may be asked, on occasion, to complete other duties and responsibilities as required by Spirit leadership. Training and certification will be provided for the additional work when required.
Qualifications and requirements:
Local Candidates STRONGLY preferred.
Pay and per diem only – Standard per diem of $110/wk.
1. Verifies dimensions of parts using both mechanical and electronic measurement tools and, relative to these inspection duties, initiate and document corrective action for programming issues and other problems.
2. Employee must have the skill and knowledge to perform in all of the general functions of the Assembly Technician listed below:
- Insert fasteners
- Counter sink
Inspection to include the following:
- Maintain required personal certifications.
- Perform complete inspection, including first part review, of procured or fabricated parts and assemblies.
- Initiate and document any non-conforming condition for Material Review Board action.
- Perform process surveillance to assure compliance with requirements.
- Prepare and maintain quality records.
3. Setup and operate conventional and Computerized Numerical Controlled (CNC) fastening equipment to assemble components in accordance with engineering specifications, and/or the employee must have the skill and knowledge to perform in two or more of the specialties listed below:
Precision Bench Assembly
Pressure and vacuum testing
4. Provide high-level technical support and leadership relative to assembly and installation
5. Setup and operate conventional and/or Computerized Numerical Controlled (CNC) and fastening equipment of less than simultaneous 3-axis movement. Activities include, e.g. drivematic processes, etc., or the employee must have the skill and knowledge to perform in one or more of the specialties listed below:
Assembly/Installation of Structures
Additionally, the employee must have the skill and knowledge to perform one or more of the specialty skills listed below:
Precision Bench Assembly
Pressure and Vacuum testing
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.