Aviation Maintenance Technology Instructor
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Aviation Maintenance Technology Instructor in Chicago, IL
Provide instruction in aviation maintenance technology to students according to policy of the Aviation Institute of Maintenance and in compliance with FAA, State and regulatory body requirements
• Teach classes on a regularly scheduled basis, as assigned
• Establish and maintain academic and attendance records for student file
• Submit attendance, grades, student evaluation, and all other required documentation and reports per established procedures
• Actively utilize proven student retention techniques approved by the school
• Maintain a neat and orderly classroom or lab
• Notify Program Coordinator of any current or potential problems which warrant attention Aviation Maintenance Technology Instructor
• Attend in-service training seminar, as required
• Complete performance based teacher education modules as assigned by Program Coordinator, or as needed based on outcomes of classroom observations, instructor
evaluations, and student completed surveys
• Assist Program Coordinator in maintaining equipment used by the student
• Assist Program Coordinator in development curriculum related course materials and training aids
• Perform other tasks that may be assigned by the Program Coordinator or School Director
No supervisory responsibilities at the current time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• High School Diploma or GED, and prefer Associates Degree in Related Field
• FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Certificate
• Minimum three (3) years hands-on experience in aircraft maintenance (special considerations will be given for more diverse experience)
• Must be able to demonstrate a command of theory and practice, contemporary knowledge, and continuing study in their field
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Must have FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Certificate
Individual will need to sit or stand as needed. Will be required walking primarily on a level surface for periods of time throughout the day. Will be required to bend, kneel, stoop, and
reach in the daily process of class instruction. May require to lift up to 50 lbs.
Office, classroom, and laboratory/shop environment with some exposure to outside elements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.