Avionics Technician III
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Avionics Technician with experience performing repairs on on military or aircraft for an opportunity in Colorado Springs, CO.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
We are seeking an Avionics Technician with a high school diploma or GED equivalent and at least of 5 years of relevant experience. In this challenging, fast-paced environment, you’ll have the opportunity to apply your knowledge and experience with aircraft systems to support the design and creation of the most groundbreaking aerospace and defense technologies – those that exist today and those that will shape tomorrow. What to look forward to: As an Avionics Technician, you will be using your skills and expertise to repair and maintain electronic systems involved with the operation of an aircraft. You’ll be responsible for installing, testing, troubleshooting, and repairing our aircraft avionics and electrical system components and keeping our aircraft in airworthy condition.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and typically 5 or more years of relevant experience
- A higher-level degree may substitute for experience
- Related experience may be considered in lieu of required education
- Ability to understand and interpret basic applicable technical schematics, diagrams, blueprints, manuals, and/or publications; ability to route wires per technical drawings
- Advanced skills with avionics installation tooling, wiring, wiring repair, wiring installation, soldering, and crimping techniques
- The ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance may be required
- Familiarity with FCC and FCC GROL
- Basic understanding of spectrometer, oscilloscope, and/or pitot static equipment
- Background in the Aerospace and Defense Industry, the US Department of Defense or US Military
This position requires current/active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Department of Defense Consolidated Adjudications Facility (DoD CAF), a federal government agency, handles the adjudicative aspects of the security clearance eligibility process for industry applicants. Adjudicative factors which affect the outcome of the eligibility determination include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and illegal drug use.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.