LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Production Supervisor with direct aviation experience for an opportunity in Tampa, Florida.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for the effectiveness and economical management of resources to ensure the work is accomplished in accordance with customer maintenance programs, FAA regulations, administrative and technical requirements of those assigned under the Supervisor’s span of control. The Production Supervisor duties may be delegated to a qualified individual in his absence but ultimate responsibility for those duties remains with the Production Supervisor.
- Provide oversight to ensure maintenance and documentation is in compliance.
- Assign maintenance tasks and personnel.
- Evaluate and estimate maintenance time and cost.
- Provide oversight and co-sign with uncertificated mechanics.
- Sign documents for the repair station as noted in the authorized to sign roster.
- Coordinate maintenance plan with other departments.
- Identify training needs, tools, and special equipment required.
- Ensures the responsible mechanic properly executes all necessary work records.
- Monitor and update flow plan as required.
- Supervise maintenance performed by un-certificated mechanics or personnel unfamiliar with the methods, techniques, practices, aids, equipment, and tools.
- Provide OJT to crew members as required. Ensure all parts and materials are ordered as required to maintain schedule.
- Maintain daily turnover reports for each oncoming shift.
- Always maintain the hangar and aircraft cleanliness
Qualifications and requirements:
- Hands on A/C experience required.
- Willing to consider strong Mechanic/Lead looking to step into a Supervisory role.
- Gen Fams a plus – 757 Classic and NG, A-320 family.
- 767 Gen Fam required for 767 Manager position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Five (5) years’ experience in heavy aircraft maintenance, including two (2) years in a supervisory capacity, or the demonstrated ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Preferred valid Airframe & Powerplant license. Minimum of A License.
- Must have previous FAA 145 Repair Station experience.
- Proficient in the interpretation of blueprints, technical orders, test equipment used in the work described above, and various aircraft components and systems.
- Have working knowledge of computer software packages used within the facility.
- Must be able to demonstrate a sense of leadership under all circumstances and conditions.
- Must be able to multi-task and manage workflows on multiple aircraft.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including, nights, weekends, and overtime.
- Must successfully pass mechanical, structural, and avionics assessments.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.