LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Structures Mechanic with C&D check experience on commercial aircraft for an opportunity in Windsor Locks, Connecticut.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot, repair, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft
- Fabricate and or modify structural modifications on aircraft parts
- Perform minor structural repairs on composite components either attached or detached
- Assist in conducting hidden damage inspection of aircraft structures
- Assist with complex structural repairs either on or off aircraft
- Assist with aircraft component repair
- Remove / install aircraft components as required
- Comply with environmental health and safety policies/procedures
- Participate in 5-S activities
- Perform work in a safe and timely manner
- Perform and document work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Operate ground support equipment as required
- Assist with mechanical / electrical removals and installations as needed
- Assist with maintenance at off-site locations as needed
- Assist with towing aircraft as needed
- Assist with other maintenance disciplines as needed
- Adhere to General Work Requirements for factory, shop and/or hanger positions
Qualifications and requirements:
- Experience repairing Challenger Aircraft. Main landing gear attach point, rear wing spar, and main landing gear uplock assembly.
- Received training from a sheet metal aircraft technical school or have equivalent schooling
- Have at least 2 years of structural sheet metal repair / modification experience or substantiated similar experience
- Ability to interpret and work with mechanical engineering drawings
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form on individual and / or aircraft status
- Own a basic set of hand tools with the ability to demonstrate Inventory and control of tools
- Ability to obtain appropriate Ground Support Equipment (GSE) qualifications as required
- Ability to work unscheduled overtime including nonscheduled work days and holidays
- Ability to work in seasonal/inclement weather outside
- Ability to obtain a Security Identification Display Area badge (SIDA) if applicable
- Airframe Certification, A&P Certificate or Repairman Certificate highly preferred.
- Basic PC skills
- Ability to pass 10 year background check and urinalysis.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.