Structures Mechanic – Premium Pay Rate – Apply Today
LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking an Structures Mechanic with commercial C&D check experience on Commercial aircraft for an opportunity in Nashville, Tennessee.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Aviation structural mechanics are responsible for the maintenance and repair of aircraft structures. They work closely with engineers to design, build, and test new aircraft parts and components. Their job is to ensure that these parts and components meet safety standards and can withstand the stresses of flight.
Aviation structural mechanics also commonly perform routine inspections on existing parts and components to make sure they’re still in good condition. This helps prevent problems before they happen and ensures that planes stay safe to fly.
- Installing aircraft parts according to manufacturer specifications and FAA regulations.
- Inspecting aircraft parts for defects or damage, replacing parts as needed, and repairing damaged areas
- Performing routine maintenance tasks on aircraft structures and systems, such as replacing fasteners and lubricating bearings
- Repairing damage to aircraft structures such as wings, fuselages, tails, landing gear, control surfaces, fuel tanks, engine mounts, and bulkheads
- Maintaining records of work performed on each aircraft in order to track maintenance schedules and identify potential problems before they occur
- Installing interior components such as seats, panels, galleys, lavatories, entertainment systems, and lighting systems
- Repairing or replacing aircraft parts such as wings, fuselage sections, landing gear, tires, brakes, flaps, canopies, doors, etc.
- Inspecting aircraft structures for signs of wear or damage such as corrosion or dents
- Repairing or replacing components such as hydraulic lines, fuel lines, wiring, hydraulic pumps, and hydraulic cylinders.
Qualifications and requirements:
- High School/ GED
- Journeyman Technician Role requiring Intermediate Skills to perform most of the standard tasks within the technical area assigned to.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in at least one aircraft type. Proficiency should be demonstrated in at least one aircraft discipline through prior work experience to include:
- General Maintenance
- Avionics Systems
- Proficiency with interpretation of original equipment manufacturer’s technical data or work package instructions; experience using power or pneumatic hand tools.
- Assignments require Standard Knowledge of a Technical Area.
- Rapid learning and application of new information and concepts within the Technical Area begins to take place at this level.
- Performs moderately complex Technical Assignments.
- Assists Advanced Level Technicians on more complex technical assignments
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their uses, repairs, and maintenance
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service.
- Skilled with repairing, troubleshooting, installing and equipment maintenance.
- Knowledge of FAA requirements for aircraft maintenance procedures
- Ability to interpret and comprehend manufacturer and FAA approved work package instructions; ability to inspect and install parts/components.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH offers you an ACA compliant benefit package including company-sponsored medical insurance with multiple plans to choose from. Our Minimum Essential Coverage is offered to every employee who does not have coverage elsewhere at no cost to you! LAUNCH also offers a 401(k) program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.