Heavy Duty Truck Technician
LAUNCH TransTechs is seeking a Fire Truck Technician to perform assigned preventative vehicle maintenance related functions and facility maintenance to assist in maintaining school buses in safe, comfortable and like new operable condition.
Pay: up to $37.67 P/H per hour, depending on experience
Shift: 1st M-F 11AM – 7:30PM Full Time
School Bus Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works under the direct supervision of an assigned skilled and certified journeyman technician to receive hands-on training.
- Performs assigned vehicle and facility maintenance related duties (e.g. vehicle washing, cleaning, fueling, oil changes, lubrication, light vehicle repair etc.) in a safe and timely manner.
- Arranges for and obtains appropriate inspections and approval of all repairs before vehicle is released from maintenance facility.
- Assist in conducting frequent DOT inspections.
- Maintains a safe, clean, productive and efficient work area including ensuring work area is in compliance with all relevant Federal, State/Provincial and local guidelines and requirements.
- Records time spent, parts used and repairs conducted on the appropriate form upon completion of the assignment.
- Notify supervisor of any potentially dangerous equipment and correction action taken
- Perform all other duties assigned by Shop Manager / Maintenance Supervisor.
Qualification and Requirements:
- Equivalent of a high school diploma or GED
- 5+ years of related maintenance and repair on medium/heavy duty trucks
- Class 7 state inspection license required
- Must furnish own tools and steel toe boots
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass DOT drug test & DOT physical
- CDL, or the ability to obtain preferred
- ASE, preferred but not required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status