LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking a Repair Machinist for a Direct Hire opportunity in Newnan, Georgia.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The repair machinist works as a part of a team manually machining commercial and military gas turbine engine components back into tolerance using blueprints, customer specifications and standard work to hold tolerances
- Operates EDM, manual lathes and mills to machine engine component to match blueprint and customer specifications.
- Performs and plans part changeovers, setups and execution of high variation of work scope to support production needs according to product specifications, blueprints, drawings, and work instructions.
- Performs all work in accordance with plant safety rules and maintains highest quality standards in the execution of all assigned work.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on all machines and other routine labor work as required in accordance with production flow.
- Operator inspects own work using inspection tools such as CMM, micrometers and gauges.
- Operator to adhere to all 5s / CPEX policies and to have a continuous improvement mindset
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must have HS Diploma or GED.
- Strong shop mathematics, including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, decimals and fractions required.
- On the job experience of 3-5 years in manual machining. Experience machining superalloy (Inconel and Waspaloy) highly desirable.
- Must have experience machining tolerances <.001, inspecting own work against blueprint specs using a variety of measuring instruments including micrometers, calipers, scales, thread gages, CMM, etc.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to client safety procedures and regulations.
- Must be willing to perform other functions and duties as assigned by managers and supervisors.
- Must be willing to work any shift.
- Must be willing to work overtime (as requested).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the job site.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Why Choose LAUNCH?
A team of aviation staffing experts leads LAUNCH. We understand the challenges of finding the top aviation jobs and we focus on linking you with the best openings in the most sought-after locations.
LAUNCH provides you with a real benefits package, including access to company-sponsored medical/dental insurance and a 401k program with a company match. Plus, you join the LAUNCH Loyalty Club on your first day, earning you extra cash bonuses, apparel and safety rewards.
If you’re ready to LAUNCH your career, you’ve found an employer that can take you to new heights.